LIBRARY OF THINGS: Borrowing Beyond Books
We lend more than books! The Library of Things is a collection of non-traditional library items bundled into kits to provide diverse opportunities for learning and engagement. Think of Curtis Memorial Library for all of your sharing needs and let us know what else we should lend as part of our Library of Things. All equipment checkouts are currently limited to Curtis Memorial Library cardholders. Please contact the Reference Desk at 207-725-5242 #503 if you have questions.
Do you have something you want to share? Go green and donate it to us so that the entire community can borrow it! See below to look at our wish list, or just get in touch by contacting Hazel (207 725-5242 x228 or email@example.com)
HOW CML’S LIBRARY OF THINGS WORKS
It is easy to check out kits from our Library of Things.
- Browse kits by DEWEY & OTHER CALL# categories online (printable instructions) or browse kits on the shelves next to the Reference Desk on the second floor. Large items can be obtained by requesting help from the Reference Team.
- Go to the Reference Desk and request to check out one of our kits
- Sign the Lending Agreement
- Take the kit home and use it
- Return the items in good condition to the Reference Desk on the second floor of CML
DONATIONS, WISH-LIST & SUGGESTIONS
Have a suggestion? Get in touch! Contact Hazel at 207 725-5242 extension 228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in donating an item you would like to see circulated? No need to purchase anything new, but we LOVE circulating items that have had a little use, but still have a lot of life left in them. Some of our wish-list items are listed here: www.sokindregistry.org/9607
Want to weigh in on what we add next? Practice ranked-choice voting and let us know your priorities here:
All items are listed in our library catalog, accessible online through Minerva. You can browse them in person on the shelves next to the Reference Desk on the second floor. Large items are pictured in a notebook and can be obtained by requesting help from the Reference Desk Team.
We provide kits in a number of categories. The categories of the kits are grouped by call numbers:
- Curtis Cake Pan Kit (printable list)
- Curtis Craft Kit (printable list)
- Curtis Crochet Hook Kit (printable list)
- Curtis Garden Kit (printable list)
- Curtis Kitchen Kit (printable list)
- Curtis Knitting Needles Kit (printable list)
- Curtis Music Kit (printable list)
- Curtis Punch Kit (printable list)
- Curtis Science & Technology Kit (printable list)
- Curtis Yard Game Kit (printable list)
- Games and Puzzles (Teen and Youth games are located in their sections, rather than near the LOT shelves).
- Curtis Workshop In a Box Kit (printable list)
- Multi-Format Kit (These are located across from the DVDs on the 1st floor)
- Museum Passes (These can be reserved at the Circulation Desk)
- Children’s Explorer Packs (These are found on the wall in the Children’s area)
(To find a listing of all of our kits throughout the library (including those in the children’s section) please used the advanced search feature and search for * with the material type KIT ).