We’re celebrating Earth Day with April Showers of Good Food, Films and Action!
Ever heard that “April showers bring May flowers?” We’re prepping for May flowers during these April showers. Join us inside for a little while longer to enjoy some local snacks and global films to inspire and activate your 2021. Together we can change the world.
How to join us:
- Register for the snack classes and discussion events below to receive links to the films.
- Watch the movies on your own time.
- Join us on Zoom for 6 fantastic events
- Learn how to make 4 different snacks from local plants
- Enjoy these snacks while we discuss 2 of the films with local community partners
These programs are FREE and open to the public. Space is limited. Please register to access the films and reserve your spot online at https://curtislibrary.libcal.com/ or call 207 725-5242 x2.
Register for all 6 events with us:
- Make a Climate-Friendly Snack #1 with SNAP-Ed
- Make a Climate-Friendly Snack #2 with SNAP-Ed
- Discuss Fire + Flood: Queer Resilience in the Era of Climate Change and Maine’s current challenges in partnership with Equality Maine & enjoy a special guest appearance by Citizens’ Climate Lobby
- Tuesday, April 13th 6:45-8 PM
- Register for access to the film Fire + Flood: Queer Resilience in the Era of Climate Change and for the Zoom discussion link: https://curtislibrary.libcal.com/event/7335669
- Make a Climate-Friendly Snack #3 with SNAP-Ed
- Make a Climate-Friendly Snack #4 with SNAP-Ed
- Discuss The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind and our water access with the Brunswick & Topsham Water District & enjoy a special guest appearance by Citizens’ Climate Lobby
- Tuesday, April 27th, 6:45-8 PM
- Receive an invite to view film The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind (available on the service Netflix) on Tuesday April 20th at 6:30 PM and the Zoom discussion link: https://curtislibrary.libcal.com/event/7335671