AARP Tax Preparation Service
Trained volunteers will be offering free tax preparation help for anyone with individual Federal and State of Maine returns. Prepared returns will be filed electronically. No library card required. No need to be an AARP member or senior, however, you must make an appointment to attend.
We will begin scheduling appointments on January 27, with appointments available for February 3-March 27, 2020. To schedule an appointment, call 725-5242, and select option #2.
Appointments are available on Mondays, 2:30-5:30, Wednesdays, 2:30-6:00, and Fridays, 12:30-3:30. If these times do not work for you, check the AARP website to find another free tax preparation site: https://www.aarp.org/money/taxes/aarp_taxaide/.
PLEASE BE SURE TO BRING THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WITH YOU:
- Last year’s tax return
- Photo identification: Drivers License, State Issued I.D. or Military I.D.
- Social Security cards for everyone, including dependents
- W-2s for all wage earners for household (year-end pay stubs are not accepted)
- Any other documents relating to income, expenses, and banking
- Bank account Information—for faster refunds through direct deposit