Midcoast Economic Development District (MCEDD) is offering assistance to find workforce training and job opportunities for persons living in Sagadahoc, Lincoln and Knox counties and the town of Brunswick, Harpswell, Lincolnville, Northport, Searsmont, and Belmont.
MCEDD is a municipally led economic and community development organization based in Damariscotta. We work closely with communities and individuals to help them reach their next step towards achieving their goals. We offer a wide range of services through one-on-one interactions with our expert staff to make sure that there is a plan in place to best fit you. When working with municipalities in the Midcoast we have provided planning consultation to towns that are overwhelmed in their planning & development departments. On the business side of things, we have worked with startups that have needed assistance getting financial funding with local banks. This loan program has enabled small Maine business owners to reach their goals in their communities.
This workforce assistance program was created to specifically serve those who have been negatively impacted by job loss or decrease due to COVID-19. This service is available at no charge and is confidential. We will conduct our meetings via phone.
What the process may look like:
1. You reach out to Mary Jane West or Hannah Sisk at MCEDD (see contact information below).
2. We have a phone call to discuss your current needs and goals (example: I am currently unemployed. I worked in the hospitality sector and am seeking a new, full-time job.).
3. Together, we identify new job opportunities based on your current skill set or look to expand your skillset through local training/education.
4. We provide you with a path forward (example: we have identified several jobs you will apply for, a training program to begin which feeds to more employment opportunities, etc.)
5. We follow-up with you after two weeks to continue your job search, if needed.
This process will be client-driven to best suit your needs and goals. It may look different for some based on past work experience, training needed and work goals.
If you are currently unemployed or looking to find a new job or career please call or email Mary Jane West at 207-380-3558 (email@example.com) or Hannah Sisk at 207-380-3518 (firstname.lastname@example.org). We are available Monday through Friday (Monday and Wednesday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.).
This service is made possible from funding from the Economic Development Administration and MCEDD. We take your privacy seriously and will not share your information with anyone nor advertise to you.